Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Energy


Is energy too cheap?  I think that energy is not too cheap.  While I don't feel energy needs to have any price increase, I feel we overuse it.  Energy needs to be used appropriately. 

Conservation is not a dirty word.  More people actually need to become more aware of conservation.  We need to conserve the resources we have.  If we don't then we won't have any resources left. Everyone should become aware of what conservation is and try and apply it to their everyday life. 

Jimmy "Cardigan" Carter proposed that we deregulate energy prices.  He also set a cap on the amount of gas one could buy at one time.  As well as trying to convince people to reduce their energy consumption.  While I feel Carter had good intentions, he should not force this upon people.  People have the right too make their own decisions.  Carter would have probably been taken more seriously if he didn't just start making these plans.  He should have kept the regulations on gas which would have cause less problems for everyone. 

With regards to alternative energy source, I feel the government should steer us away from fossil fuels.  We only have a limited supply of fossil fuels left and could really use an energy efficient resource.  We need to be able to use some other resources to get energy from. 

I feel that solar power has the most upside potential.  While solar panels may be expensive to install, the savings on energy bills will go down, and it is a cleaner way to get energy.  Solar power can generate a lot of energy and can save households and businesses a lot of money.  The sun is always there and we don't have to worry about the need for wind or different food sources.  Solar power has the biggest potential in my eyes.



I can personally start using less energy sources.  I can start by limiting the amount of electronics and lights that I have on at one point in time.  I can try to use less electronics in my day to day life.  In five years I could have solar panels on my house, which will lower my need for public energy, and I could actually help if I create a surplus of energy the power company could use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment